Our store has become in recent years a benchmark for Sustainable Fashion and Fair Trade. The objective of VELVET BCN Marketplace is to unite in our catalog the best brands of Ethical and Sustainable Fashion.
We carry out advertising campaigns of our store so that you maximize your sales possibilities, in addition our multilingual page will allow you to reach your clientele throughout Europe.
In our store we have a large loyal clientele to which you can sell and publicize your brand through our Blog, Newsletter and social networks. You can also highlight your products on our cover.
Our years of experience working in Sustainable Fashion offers us a wide knowledge of the product as well as our customers. We are at your disposal to comment on the data collected during this time and that can be used to improve your future collections.
Point of sale in Barcelona
Our physical point of sale in the heart of the Gracia neighborhood is essential to understand the folosophy of VELVET BCN. A nice place with a terrace attended by a family.
Selecting one of your best products to sell in our store or organizing an event to present your new collection are some of the possibilities offered by our store in Verdi, 42.
Online sales know that it is a matter of trust, for that reason we have a team dedicated entirely to offering personalized attention so that your customers have the best possible experience during their purchases.
From your merchant account you can conveniently manage your products and orders. In addition, our technological development team is continuously working on our web tools to improve your experience.
You can check the terms and conditions of VELVET BCN Marketplace here.
First of all you will have to contact with us so that we can know your brand better and evaluate if it fits in VELVET BCN.
It is possible that we ask you for more information about the type of production, materials or images to make sure that your products meet the characteristics that our potential clientele seeks and, therefore, will have a greater chance of sale.
Once we review your information, you will have to register on our page. Once registered we will be awarded a seller's account with which you can manage all your products, sales, commissions...
From the creation of your seller account, you will have 15 days of trial to upload your products. Once the trial period is over, you will have to pay some of our fees to continue using your seller account.
- Manage your products
- Export and import your products massively.
- Manage your profile
- Review your commission history.
- Manage your orders
- Configure your carriers
- Configure your way of charging commissions.
- Review the profits in a given period.
- Request the withdrawal of funds.
The VELVET BCN store manages your orders and returns online:
- Once the order of any of your products is placed, you will be notified by email.
- When you have your order packaged and ready to ship, you just have to change the status to "Order prepared"
- A logistics operator will pick up your package in your warehouse.
- In case of return you will receive a notice to proceed with the exchange or return.
- VELVET BCN will handle the collection and / or shipment of the new package from your warehouse in case you accept the change.
No, once we start working together they will be accepting the Terms and Conditions of VELVET BCN Marketplace.
- You must be a brand of Sustainable and Fair Trade products
- You must have at least 10 products listed in your catalog
- As a selling brand you agree to follow the photography rules of VELVET BCN. These recommendations are a key factor to guarantee the highest possible quality to the catalog and its sales.
- Selling brands must provide a customer service that meets or exceeds the VELVET BCN Standards according to our Terms and Conditions. Otherwise, the participation of the brand in VELVET BCN could be ended.
You can delete all your store and all products by visiting the account status and selecting "Delete your store". You will be asked to confirm what you really want to delete your store before completing the process. As we indicated in the contract, we ask that you notify us at least 15 days before proceeding to eliminate your seller account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not be able to delete your account if you have pending orders.
Once you delete your account:
- Your products will be removed from the website and will not appear in the brand catalog
- Your subscription will be canceled.
- Your items will no longer be for sale at VELVET BCN.
- In case you have a pending rate, the relevant invoice will be made and sent.
The cost is € 20 per month plus 20% commission for each product you sell. Once your sale is made you can transfer the amount that corresponds to your account, or leave it acomulated until you want it
Our goal is to get you to sell the best of your products at VELVET BCN. We do not plan to sit idly by waiting for this just miraculously happens. For this reason, we invest in advertising monthly, run campaigns promoting our store on social networks (newsletter, blog, Instagram ...) and continuously improve our organic positioning to reach the maximum of our potential clientele.
The best way to get attention in the catalog is to have the best images of products you can have. Working well with the product image you are defining your brand identity.
Make sure you maintain a good customer service and keep the best possible rating. Customers are more likely to buy products if they know they can trust the brand with an excellent rating and good comments. If you want to promote your brand you can see how to do it here.
As a seller there is no limit to what products to offer in your catalog. Although we do not recommend having less than 10 products. Having a good offer means improving your brand's shopping experience.
From the moment you become part of VELVET BCN Marketplace we will give you all the necessary technical support to make your catalog upload as agile, simple and effective as possible.
You have two ways to upload your products:
Single Product Upload
With your merchant account you can access the Marketplace interface. By clicking on "Add product" in the menu on the left you can access the page that will allow you to define your new product (features, associations, certificates, images ...). You will automatically have your product uploaded to our catalog.
We reserve the right to review uploaded products so that it meets our requirements. If necessary, we would contact you to solve it.
Massive Upload of Products
If you want to upload many products, you can do it with our document of massive loading of your products (download the document here). You must fill in all the information of each of your products and send the documentation to email@example.com. In order to upload your images, we will give you access to a folder where you can upload the images of your products and we will take care of uploading them to your catalog. Remember to identify them correctly so that we can associate them with the corresponding products. If you prefer to upload the product images yourself you can do it one by one from the page of each product.
In 24/48h hours your products will be published in the store. If you need help, do not hesitate to contact us and we will solve your doubts so that you can sell your products.
We recommend at least publishing a minimum of 10 products in our online store.
The ideal image size is 1000 x 1330 pixels. If you upload larger images, you should cut them. In that case, you should know that smaller images may lose quality, appear blurry or have white edges. All images are of vertical orientation. You can upload 4 images per product.
Each product can have four images, one of them will be the main one and will appear in the main catalog.
Al igual que a nuestra clientela, nos gusta ver buenas imágenes en nuestro catálogo. Ayuda a construir la identidad de tu marca, además de destacar tu producto. Creemos que tú inspiración te ayudará a crear las fotografías que desees. Así y todo hay algunas consejos que te animamos a seguir:
- Light background: we recommend using clear backgrounds. In this way, your products stand out.
- Image format: it is mandatory to upload your images in a format of 1000x1330px.
- Good Lighting: a properly lit image will allow you to see your product in the clearest and most natural way.
- Too much editing: do not tweak too many or add filters, borders or marks to your images. We also do not allow collages, the images must contain only one image.
- Flatshot: we recommend that your products be seen in a model. In this way, it will be much clearer how they stand.
- Image with well defined products: when photographing jewelry, accessories, among others, it is better to avoid stacking or gathering more than one product in an image. This way we avoid confusing what product is being sold.
- Third-party images: you must own the photos you upload in the store.
- Color images: black and white images are not allowed.
- Gateway image: gateway images are not allowed.
VELVET BCN Marketplace is focused on offering the best service to our customers. Our Terms and Conditions define a MarketPlace Standards Guide, a basic line for order management, catalog, images, shipments and returns, etc. In this way we want to guarantee that from our shop a good shopping experience is offered to all those people interested in our products.
There is no unisex selection, so you should list these products twice, once as Women's Clothing and once as Men's Clothing.
We do not have a limited life time. However, we believe that after 120 days in our catalog, you can contact us to see if we can help you know why it is not being sold.
The promotion of your brand offers you the option of creating personalized campaigns to offer and highlight your products within VELVET BCN.
En VELVET BCN te ofrecemos la posibilidad de dar a conocer tu marca a nuestra clientela:
- Campaign on the front page: if you want to publicize your brand on the cover of our store, we can create a campaign that allows you to highlight and direct the clientele to the selection of your brand's products.
- Featured products: we have reserved spaces on the cover for the promotion and sale of your products. Ask us.
- Personalized Newsletter: if you really want to have an impact, we offer the possibility of creating a Newsletter for all our customers. Choose those products you want to publicize and we will create a campaign focused on the promotion and sale of your products.
- Entry into our blog: talk about who is behind your project, make known the added value of your product. The best way to connect with your potential clientele.
- Instagram highlights: we offer you the possibility to appear in our most requested network. We highlight your brand and link your products directly to the page of your product.
- Post Facebook: we publish a post on Facebook within the groups with the highest participation of potential customers. We highlight your brand and link your products directly to the page of your product.
Once you confirm your promotion, you will not be able to change it or cancel it.
The cost of the promotion will be added to your monthly bill.
- Verdi customer*: 5% discount on all online purchases and at the store on Verdi Street, 42
- Welcome**: 10% discount on the first online purchase made
- Green Friday: 20% discount on all sales during one day of November
In VELVET BCN we make discounts twice a year:
- Summer: from July 1
- Winter: from January 7
* We think that our loyalty offers (Verdi and Welcome Client) equally benefit the brand as VELVET BCN, so we believe that it is fair to assume the cost of the discounts equally. If a customer makes use of any of our offers, it will be reflected in your tracking of commissions in your seller account.
** Offers that have the biggest impact on the price will be shared before applying so you can decide if you want to participate or not.
If you want to make offers for specific products, you can do it by following the steps below:
- Enter your seller page
- Select "Products" in the left column
- Click on the product you want to promote
- Within the product page, select "Price" in the left column
- Modify the price in the "Offer Price" box and click on the box if you want to "Show the Offer Icon"
- You can highlight your product in the catalog by selecting the "Offer" category in the "Associations" section of the left column.
- Select the product you want to offer on Sale
- Enter the associations section
- Check the "Sale" option
Perform this operation with all those products you want to offer discounted.
You are completely free to carry out the strategy that you think is convenient for your brand. Remember that if a product is part of the New or Season category, the promotion codes may apply.
Offers and promotions are not cumulative. To prevent discounts on your promotions and/or rebates, you will need:
- Log in to your seller account and select the product you want from your catalog
- Click on Associations in the left column
- Uncheck the categories New and Season.
IMPORTANT: If you do not uncheck the categories New and Season, other promotions may be applied to the discount that you have previously set.
The agreed sales commission (20%) will be applied to the final price of the product on sale or on sale.
At the end of each month you can send us an invoice with the sales made during the month. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Log in to your merchant account on our website
- Click on "Withdraw funds" in the left column
- Review and select the sales of the month you wish to charge
- Attach the corresponding invoice
Once you do, in the following days you will receive income from your sales.
Our orders must arrive in 24/48h to our customers. You must ensure that we meet our shipping conditions. Our logistics operator can pick up your order until 20h in the afternoon. We recommend and change the status to "Order prepared" the same day. In case you didn't have time to prepare your order the same day, we would pick it up the next morning. You can check here the Terms and Conditions
At VELVET BCN we seek to offer our customers the best possible quality. For this reason we expect the maximum collaboration and commitment of our brands. We understand that there may be mistakes and setbacks, in that case, we will surely find a way to offer solutions that are up to the task. In case of not complying with the Terms and Conditions as a seller in VELVET BCN Marketplace repeatedly, we will value closing your account.
VELVET BCN offers you a logistic service for the sending of your orders. To manage the shipment, you must follow the following steps:
- If an order is placed for your products you will receive an email to your email with all the details.
- Prepare order products for shipping.
- Once you have it, change the status of your order to "Order prepared".
- You will receive an email with the label of your order.
- Print and attach the label to identify your package correctly before leaving your warehouse.
- An operator will go through your warehouse to pick up your package. We will provide all the necessary information about your schedules in order to facilitate the collection.
Our shipments within the Peninsula are free. Shipments to the other areas are not free. The customer will pay a portion of the shipment so you do not have to bear all shipping costs. This amount will be paid by the customer at the time of ordering. You can check our shipping conditions here.
Each end of the month we will send you the total of your shipping costs for your orders. You will receive a summary with the details, customer payments, changes and returns made during the period of time. When you manage the collection of commissions for your sales, you must deduct the shipping costs to your invoices.
Rates 2020 (VAT included) 1:
1 The prices shown here correspond to the basic rate. Some shipping prices may be modified due to urgency, mileage or others.
2 Customs costs (Ceuta, Melilla, Canary Islands ...) will be borne by VELVET BCN customer.
3 For shipments to the Balearic Islands, VELVET BCN customers will pay a fixed cost (€ 4.90 for all Balearic Islands) that will be deducted from the monthly shipping costs.
4 For international shipments, customers of VELVET BCN will pay a fixed cost (9.90€ for ZONE 1-2 and 19.90€ for ZONE 3-4) that will be deducted from the monthly shipping costs.
The services to our clients include an exchange or a return for each order within the Peninsula. Selling brands bear the costs associated with exchanges and returns. In the event that more than one exchange or return occurs, the customer will bear the costs and will not be charged to the shipping costs of the order. Or if you use your own operator, it will be credited to your commission.
Orders can be canceled by the buyer until the order is marked as shipped.
All products can obtain a full refund, as long as the item is returned to the seller in the same conditions in which they were sent.
To make the refund the customer must inform by email in the following 14 days after receiving the product
It is mandatory to make an article change as long as the product received by the client is not in condition or is not the same as that which appears in the catalog.
You are not obligated to accept a change in other circumstances. But our experience tells us that it is always positive to leave a client happy.
In case you have made an error when sending the product of an order, it is up to you to cover the expenses. You will have to reimburse the amount by the same method of payment.